Systemized Planning for Increased Program Effectiveness
Planning for complex training and mission operations can be a profound challenge with multitudes of resources to manage, numerous constraints to meet, and compounding scheduling scenarios to plot. Fox helps forecast, plan, and optimize organizational training and resource allocation through sophisticated simulated scenarios and advanced analytical methodologies. Fox’s time-cost-resource optimization (TCRO) planning and analysis feature automatically models scheduling and resource allocation scenarios thereby avoiding costly, time consuming and erroneous manual planning efforts. Training managers and commanders are able to strategically plan a smoother workflow that increases training program effectiveness and supports achievement of operational objectives.
“What if” scenario analysis
Features of the Training Planning module include the ability to:
- Perform short and long-term training plan creation and analysis of new and existing training operations. The module contains features that present forecast scenarios in chart formats enabling accurate analysis of training requirements, curriculum data and resource constraints.
- Develop new training proposals that project cost and delivery utilizing the planning capabilities to analyze training requirements, curriculum data and resource constraints as well as plan and validate costs, and compare alternatives.
- Analyze collective resource requirements of the new courses and determine the ability to meet the requirements with the current resources or potentially available resources. The module also displays resource conflicts, utilization levels, bottlenecks, and idleness.
- Apply what-if simulated scenarios to examine how modified resource availability and unexpected training requirements would affect training throughput and operational plans. What-if scenarios can be applied to specific aspects of training such as the allocation of resources and instructor workload to various training programs for a particular campus, or overall strategic program planning using advanced analyses on throughputs, costs and resource utilization.
- Decision support for further analysis, distribution and reporting to support decision making processes. Using exported planning data presented in charts for analysis, t raining managers can develop effective needs-responsive training that supports operational goals.
Complex training preparation is streamlined with Fox’s Planning module, which generates scheduling, resource allocation and budgeting scenario simulations and analyses that result in the following benefits:
- Improved training planning and throughput due to optimized scheduling that avoids resource idle time, conflicts and bottlenecks and increases the ability to deliver more training from the same resources.
- Increased efficiency and reduced costs for existing and new training plans based on comprehensive analyses on differing budgeting and resource scenarios designed to lower overhead and shorten overall training duration.
- Ability to easily re-plan and respond to unexpected changes through automated simulations that quickly address training operation changes such as additional throughput requirements, introduction of new training/new courses, and resource constraints.
- Enhanced planning and decision-making processes achieved through running multiple simulations and what-if scenarios then comparing results to determine how to meet training throughput requirements and resource constraints.
- Smoother workflow and balanced workload through training planning to avoid scheduling conflicts and distribute resources evenly, which replaces time-consuming and erroneous manual efforts.