Britannica Knowledge Systems is the leading provider of training management systems for the defense and aviation industries. Over 20 years, we have developed stability of a large with maintaining the spirit of a growth startup. We are currently engaged in a mega program, a diverse project of providing the US army an integrated Training information system. The system engineer will have a central role in the system's technical deployment as the main customer-facing technical lead.
· Install, configure and test application software, operating systems, management tools, and other computer systems technologies to ensure compliance with operational requirements.
· Collaborates with other customer and internal professionals to ensure high-quality deliverables within organization guidelines, policies, and procedures.
· Support the customer as a tier 3-4 level support. Analyzing and resolving system and application software components faults, communicating effectively to stakeholders, and creating a support knowledge base.
· Document and evaluate existing processes with a view to improving efficiency
Required Skills and Experience
· At least seven years of experience as a system engineer in large scale environments.
· BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
· Proven working experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting large-scale Windows-based environments.
· Proven experience with implementations in AWS
· Experience with virtualization and containerization
· Solid scripting skills
· Solid networking knowledge
· Solid IT security knowledge
· Understanding system architecture Knowledge
· Understanding data engineering (Data migration and integration)
· Experience in deploying and supporting large scale organizational applications (ERP, Salesforce, Etc.
· Excellent communication skills
· Details oriented with the ability to understand the big picture
· Ability to work independently and decision-making skills
· Technological Curiosity and ability to self-learn technologies. Ability to learn new skills quickly
· Fluent in English- both written and spoken
· Customer service oriented with difficult and demanding customers
· US citizen
· Travel to the customer based on project needs (about four trips a year) each trip for a duration of around a week – travel costs will be reimbursed by BKS
Desired additional experience and qualifications
· Windows and Linux system administration – an advantage
· Experience with micro-services architecture
· Experience in working with defense customers
· Working for a system integrator.
· System engineering certifications
· Experience as a support specialist for large organizational applications
· Secret security clearance
Apply for this position