Join our team of highly-motivated Britannica professionals
At Britannica Knowledge Systems all our employees are part of a project-oriented team and able to make their own personal contribution. This unique brand of teamwork also encourages employees to initiate their own ideas and bring them to fruition.
We hire employees trained in a wide range of disciplines including Internet technology, project management, Internet media and training development.
Please indicate in your application the position you are interested in.
Technical Support Representative (Shift Work)
• Provide immediate customer solutions through telephone, CRM system and emails
• Investigate product failures
• Maintain operating system logs
• Extensive knowledge of Windows Server operating systems
• Experience working with overseas clients
• Knowledge of databases with emphasis on SQL
• Networking and communication - basic recognition
• IIS servers
• Familiarity with the cloud world - emphasis on AWS
• Highly proficient in English (speaking and writing)
• Security classification in force (optional)
• Previous experience in technical support - a significant advantage
• IT background and technological capability.
• Independent, big picture thinker, excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to withstand pressure and heavy workloads
• Excellent interpersonal skills with high-energy communication and involvement
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• A fast self-learner
• Highly motivated and committed
• Full time (shift work)
• 6 shifts a week including Friday/Saturday (morning/noon/evening/night)
• Minimum 2 evening shifts (15:00 - 1:00) a week
• 1-2 night shifts (1:00-9:00) a week.
• Reports to Head of Technical Support department
Java Backend Developer
• Expert in Java and Java frameworks (Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate) on Linux environment (4+ years)
• Expert in Web application development and Web services (5+ years)
• Experience with micro-services architecture using Spring boot or Vert.x
• Thorough understanding of enterprise application requirements, including scalability, performance, reliability, and high availability
• Experience in software design and software design reviews
• Outstanding drive and communication skills
• Mentoring capabilities – a significant advantage
• Experience in Agile development methodology
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science/software engineering or elite software army unit graduate
Software Development Team Leader
We are currently seeking to expand our R&D team and are looking for an experienced and talented Software Development Team leader.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the move to modern software architecture, based on micro-services and cloud hosting (AWS)
- Excellent in software delivery
- Be a highly technical, hands-on coder and an effective people manager
- Mentor and support growth and success of developers
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Be a subject matter expert in a product domain
- Set development paradigm, infrastructure and the capacity within the team
- Develop high scale, high performance Web applications using modern architecture based on micro services
- Work in an agile development environment
- Take part in moving to modern software architecture and software tools - cloud-based application for the enterprise market
- 5+ years experience as a full stack developer in Java
- Experience implementing a product in micro-services architecture in AWS (preferably) or other cloud service, based on: Spring Boot, Vert.x, and Node.js – a must
- Experience with Linux OS - a must
- Experience in shifting legacy applications to modern architecture - an advantage
- Experience with No-SQL DBs
- 2+ years experience with agile methodologies
- 2-3 years of proven experience in software development leadership
- Knowledge of DevOps methodologies and tools – an advantage
- Outstanding drive and great communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science / software engineering or elite software army unit graduate
The kind of person we are looking for is a team player and people manager, who loves technology.
You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, multi-tasking - and be well organized and able to think 'out of the box'.
Inside Sales Manager
The primary responsibility will be to search for and generate new business opportunities from the aviation industry. Key to achieving success will be engaging directly with targeted prospects and continually building the company’s sales pipeline.
This role is for a sale professional and will be an integral part of the company's aggressive sales growth plans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound initiatives
- Contact prospects key players in order to qualify their needs and propose BKS solutions by opening sales dialogs (via cold calls, e-mails, etc.)
- Schedule and perform effective online demos
- Maintain contact with prospects to develop long term, growing relationships
- Manage sales process for SMB's - from prospecting to close
- Manage and track leads using BKS's CRM while maintaining accurate records
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- A proven software/enterprise applications sales experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (as a mother tongue) – must
- Strong listening, presentation and software demonstrating skills
- Eager to expand company with new sales
- Ability to work at irregular hours (early morning and late at night)
- Ability to travel abroad (several times a year potentially)
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
International Project Manager
• Comprehensive responsibility for supply of Britannica’s system to customers, from sale through final deployment.
• Comprehensive responsibility for planning, tracking and managing all project aspects, including:
o “Hands On” involvement in all project tasks and management of a project team (1-3 people, Matrix management structure).
o Specification of customer requirements.
o Definition of functional and technological solutions.
o Implementation of solution include integration & migration.
o Project management, including resources and budget.
o Customer relationship management.
Required skills and experience
• Minimum 2 years of proven experience as a Project Manager, in at least 2 integrative software projects – must.
• Proven experience in international deployment – must.
• High-level English – must.
• Experience in analyzing cross-organizational business systems and cross-organizational workflows - must
• An ability to lead team members in a matrix: product, infrastructure, technology, integration, and deployment.
• Experience in implementation of enterprise systems such as ERP/CRM/Billing/Etc.. – significant advantage.
• This position requires frequent international travel (10-12 trips annually), customarily for periods of 1 week.
• Ability to work under pressure, and within deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail and involvement in professional tasks.
• Team-player, self-managed and fast-learner.
• Hunger for success, a high level of commitment and motivation.
We are currently seeking to expand our product management team, and are looking for a talented Product Manager who truly loves PM work.
- As an excellent BKS product manager, you will work closely with the R&D team, UX team, Solution Managers, Support team, Sales, Marketing and customers to provide a successful product
- You will travel to customer sites (10-30% of the time), meet customers, learn about their needs, and translate them into crystal clear specs
- You will define the user stories and acceptance criteria, design the UX, prioritize the features, and work with the Agile teams to provide the best solutions for our customers
- You will guide QA to ensure product quality
- You will make inbound and outbound presentations, presenting your product to other departments as well as customers
- 3+ years of B2B product management experience from an internet company, ERP or CRM (Agile environment). A product with many users and a variety of user types
- Solid knowledge of internet and mobile technologies
- Understand how things work, at the deepest levels, in software design, data structures, APIs and others
- Experience delivering specs and user stories for Agile teams (development and QA) with prioritized features – must
- Experience delivering web UX design (as wireframes) – must
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and adjust to changing requirements driven by a fast-moving market
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Team-player, self-managed and fast-learner
- Ability to collaborate effectively across departments, such as R&D, UX team, Solution Managers, Support, PS, Sales and Marketing
- English fluency, both written and verbal – must
- Definite advantages:
- Scheduling/optimization management experience – a big advantage
- Vast experience, deep knowledge and understanding of UX/UI and graphic design
- BSc or similar (computer science, industrial engineering or other engineering background)
Army LMS System Implementer
- Proven previous experience as a trainer or command
- Familiarity and experience working with the Bareket system – an advantage
- Familiarity with the world of military training – an advantage
- Background in computing technology – required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel in particular
- People influencer
- An officer's rank – an advantage
- Residence: the south (Beersheva or Eilat area)
- Work commences September/October 2015
- Full-time, five days a week OR part-time, perfect for students (second-year and above), minimum two days a week during daylight hours (50% capacity).
- Payment on an hourly wage basis
- One year contract required
- Work onsite at IDF bases in the south
- The job requires meeting the requirements to obtain security clearance